I’m not someone who often gets mistaken for another person. In fact, I think I can count on one hand the number of times someone has told me I looked like or mistaken me for someone else. So, it was rather upsetting to find out that I have a doppelganger: Kitchen Wench at The Tudor Shoppe.
Just kidding. About the wench costume anyway; mustard yellow is so not my color. But not about the doppelganger. In the big, bad, blogosphere, there is a another Kitchen Wench. And she clearly has a better digital camera than me. More disturbing still is that she is also Asian and her name also starts with a vowel.
Okay, the vowel thing really isn’t weird, but the other similarities are a little troubling. As I see it, there are still a few things left to redeem me.
- She lives in Australia. Australia is far away. I am perfectly content letting someone else be the official kitchen wench of Australia.
- I have the .com extension (which I waited a full year to to purchase because some lady was using it to park her defunct catering start-up).
- It’s hard to photograph food when you live in a basement apartment.
- My basement apartment is awesome.
- If Slim Shady can do it, so can I.
- And, most importantly, this girl probably doesn’t know I even exist.